Next Steps and What to Expect Closing Day
STEP 4: You’ve found your home and you’re ready to make an offer and negotiate to a successful close.
1. Price: To help you determine a fair price to offer on the home, I’ll provide a comparable market analysis, or CMA, of other properties that have recently sold near the home you’re making an offer.
2. Terms: There’s much more to an offer than price. The six details, which I’ll help you navigate, are:
3. Schedule - when it will close, for example
4. Conveyances – what appliances and décor items will remain or go
5. Commission – who pays the commissions (fees) for both agents—the agent representing the seller, and the agent representing you
6. Closing costs – who will pay
7. Home warranty – if seller will provide one or not
8. Earnest money – a deposit paid to protect the seller from the possibility of the buyer pulling out of the deal
9. Contingencies: conditions that allow you to opt out, for example, after receiving the inspection report and discovering foundation issues.
Remember: Everything is negotiable! This is where my experience and knowledge will be a big help to you.
STEP 5: I help you through the inspection process and consult with you to determine the negotiation strategy we’ll use.
You want to know what you’re getting into and make a decision whether to move forward on buying this home.
You don’t want to buy someone else’s problems.
Step 6: You’re getting closer! There are just a few steps to round out the deal.
CONGRATS - YOU MADE IT TO CLOSING DAY!
This is a major accomplishment and now you get to feel the pride of home ownership.
Keep in mind that I continue to be your resource even after the deal closes. I have recommendations for every kind of serviceperson you may need over the years to keep your home in tip-top shape.